With the blessing of Saibaba, circa 1946, the late Sri A.V.K Chari started the Sri Sai Kanya Gurukulam School at Sri Naga Sai Mandir Campus for the poor children located in the neighbourhood.
Pujya Sri B.V Narasimha Swamiji laid foundation stone for the Sri Sai Kanya Gurukulam School at 5 p.m. On Thursday 6th September 1945. With the help of Sri C.Varadharajayya, Founder Secretary Sri Naga Sai Trust and Mandir, Sri A.V.K Chari started the Sri Sai Kanya Gurukulam in 1946 with the approval of the Board of Management Saibaba Mission (Sri Naga Sai Trust). School was started for poor children-especially for girls to get boarding, lodging and education. Sai Kanya Vidyalayam built at the cost of INR 20,000 (Now its A Block) during 1945-1946. Narasimha Ashram was made asbestos sheets roofing and the building was used as Hostel for girls. Sai Kanya hostel consisting of poor Girls and others was started in 1948 and was existence till the end of 1953. The Government of Tamil Nadu organised a hostel for poor girls in 1953 and the guild of service organised their seva samajam girls Home near Saibaba vidyalaya in their own building at the same time. In accordance with policy of co-ordinated work among social welfare organisations, Saibaba mission closed Hostel and poor Home by merging with other organisations.
Sai Kanya Vidyalayam was renamed as Sai Baba Vidyalayam in 15 August 1947. At that, time the school was functioning with 80 students and 4 teachers in 1947.
Sri Saibaba Vidyalayam Governing Board.
President: Dr. N.Sarvothaman M.B.B.S
Secretary: Sri. S.Balasubramanian B.Com.,
Treasurer: Sri. S.Balasubramanian BA,.BL.,